The first vine shows how looking at pictures of nature is not the same thing as actually being in that place. The pictures I have up on my bulletin board, and as my computer background are from trips that I have taken. I look at them a lot, but it is not the same thing as actually being there. A picture is really a one dimensional view of a three dimensional world.
The second vine shows how I like to think of myself as someone who makes a
conscience effort to limit my impact on the environment, but at the same
time there are many habits I have that I am not willing to break. This
shows the contradiction between how I want things to be, and how willing
I actually am to make the effort.
The third vine shows how even though I have a much more nature-ey backyard than many people who live in cities, I don't really consider it to be "true" nature. This is because, in comparison to other areas I spend time outdoors, it is relatively urbanized and you can see the human impact.
All three vines show the difference between my ideal view, and the reality of my relationship to nature and the environment.
Sela- these three videos feel very personal and show thoughtful framing of image and word around the central questions of authentic nature. These are powerful questions for you as you're more connected, more invested in nature than some of your classmates. Your blog post gets reduced to explanatory subtitle and doesn't reflect your process or push further into the authenticity question. And I don't see the ITW blog post, right?
ReplyDelete